Process and Procedures for Rwand Electronic Single Window
Last Update: 25 January 2012
List of Abbreviations
ReSW : Rwanda Electronic Single Window eSW : Rwanda Electronic Single Window RRA : Rwanda Revenue Authority RDB : Rwanda Development Board RBS : Rwanda Bureau of Standards CSD : Customs Services Department MoH : Ministry of Health MAGERWA : Magasin Generaux du Rwanda TIN : Taxpayer Identification Number
TABLE OF CONTENT
LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS 2 PROCEDURE No001: IDENTIFICATION, AUTHENTIFICATION AND AUTHORIZATION 4 PROCEDURE No002: INVESTMENT EXEMPTION APPLICATION 5 PROCEDURE No003: VISA AND IMPORT LICENSE FOR PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS 7 PROCEDURE No004: ISSUING ARRIVAL NOTICE AND UPDATING CARGO MANIFEST 9 PROCEDURE No005: QUALITY INSPECTION 10
Procedure No001: Identification, authentification and authorization Task Name: Sytem Administration Officer Primarily Responsible: eSW Technical team Key Players: eSW Technical team and agencies under eSW
In order to ensure the protection, quality, accuracy, and integrity of data within the eSW facility, proper mechanisms for the identification, authentication and authorization of users (both operators and end-users) are necessary. For eSW data processing, data sharing and information exchange, it is necessary to determine for each step who has the right to perform which typpe of operation.
1. eSW teachnical and functional team creates and tests business units required by each agencies under single eSW to perform operations described by the current procedures; 2. eSW teachnical and functional team shall insure the security of information exchanged and shared in the system, in order to insure right access of right users; 3. Designated officer of every agency under eSW is responsible for creating, updating identifying and authentifying documents.
End of Procedure
Procedure No002: Investment exemption application Task Name: Investment Incentivres management Officer Primarily Responsible: Chief Operation, RDB Key Players: RDB, CSD and Clearing agencies
Automating investment incetives management under eSW consists of applying and approving requests online.
Creation of new business sector in eSW
1. RDB shall create new business sector that is subject to investment exemptions;
2. RDB shall provide enough description and exemptions to be applied to the created business sector;
3. The eSW shall automatically forward to customs a request to create rules that exempt specific business sector in accordence with the law;
4. Customs business analyst shall create taxation rules according the the instruction from RDB and in accordance with the law;
5. eSW system shall autmatically forward the messegs to RDB, informating the creation Of a new taxation rule;
6.RDB office shall be responsible to add and update the list of companies and commodities bolonging to create investment sector;
Application for exemption
7. Clearing agent shall prepare customs declaration and apply a valid additioanal code provided by Customs Services Department for specific investment sector;
8.The eSW shall automatically generate e-Exemption form upon the regaistration of the declaration and the confirmation by the claring agent;
9.The eSW shall inform by SMS or/and by mail about application made to his/her name. This will be reserved only for importers who applied to receive SMS or/and e-mail from eSW;
Exemption verification and approval
10.RDB officer shall: a. receive and verify the application for exemption from clearing agency; b.Verify items per items to approve or reject the application; c.Chief operating officer or other delegated officer shall authorize or reject the exemption;
11.Once the application is accepted, the eSW shall automatically forwad the application to RRA delegated officer to RDB in order verify the application;
12.The RRA delegated officer to RDB shall conform or reject the application;
13.Once the application is confirmed by RRA delegated officer to RDB, the eSW shall automatically forward the the exemption approval to clearing agent; Clearance of goods.
14.The clearing agent shall retrieve the e-Exemption duly authorized by RDB and RRA;
15.The clearing agent shall retrieve the register declaration, by which the exemption is applied;
16.Upon the assessment of the declaration, the eSW system shall apply exemption for only authorized items by RDB and RRA;
17.The remaining procedures for payment, verification and releasing consignment shall be determined by normal customs procedures;
End of Procedure
Procedure No003: Visa and Import license for pharmaceutical products Task Name: Ministry of Health Officer Primarily Responsible: Phamary Task Force Key Players: Pharmary Task Force, Customs Services Department, Clearing agencies and Importers
Health regulation process under eSW consists of licensing companies authorized to deal in pharmaceutical products and pharmacy related equipment online. Before importing pharmaceutical products and pharmacy related equipment, a visa shall be applied and issued online by MoH. Upon the importation, an import license shall be issued before before being authorized to clear pharmaceutical products. All the above process shall be performed online using eSW system.
Issuing Operating license
1.Importer or her/his representative shall apply online to MoH to be licensed as a pharmacist;
2. All information shall be filled and required documents shall be attached;
3. MoH shall retrieve the application and verify the authenticity and completeness of the information;
4. Once the the application is approved, MoH shall issue operation license online and the eSW shall keep the TIN of licensed company into the system; Visa application
5. Importer who is licensed to operate shall fill a visa application form online, complete the list and details of products to be imported and attach required documents;
6. MoH shall verify the application, once all requirements are met, the operating license shall be issued into the eSW.
7. Importer shall import products by which the visa was granted
Import Upon the arrival of the consignment, the Importer or his / her representative shall fill online application for Import license;
8. The eSW system shall check whether the applicant has a valid visa and validate the application;
9. The eSW system shall send the application the MoH;
10.MoH shall verify the application, once it meet all requirements, the import license shall be issued into the system.
11.Any disapproval shall terminate the above process; 12.Clearing agent shall attach import license to a customs declaration during the declaration of imported pharmaceutical products;
End of Procedure
Procedure No004: Issuing Arrival Notice and updating cargo Manifest Task Name: Cargo and Warehouse Management Officer Primarily Responsible: MAGERWA Key Players: MAGERWA, CSD and Clearing agencies
The cargo and warehousing procedures under eSW shall consist of sharing and exchanging information among Customs Management System and MAGERWA system in order to conduct shortage and excess of imported goods. Arrival notice issued by MAGERWA shall be available into eSW system.
1. The eSW system shall retrieve pre-defined information from eSW to be used by MAGERWA in order to avoid duplication of data capturing;
2. MAGERWA Tally office will read the manifested information from eSW and compare them with the quantity and weigh arrived;
3. In case of shortage and excess, MAGERWA tally officer shall report it into MAGERWA system;
4. MAGERWA system shall send shortage and excess information into eSW and the system generate automatically the Arrival notice;
5. Clearing agent shall view the arrival notice to further use;
6. Customs officer shall update manifest in case manifested quantity and weight are not consistent;
End of Procedure
Procedure No005: Quality inspection Task Name: Sytem Administration
Officer Primarily Responsible: eSW Technical team and agencies under eSW
eSW shall integrate risk selectivity for quality inspection of goods imported and exported to Rwanda. RBS shall write risk selectivity criteria to automate that selectivity under eSW.
Both CSD and RBS shall:
1. Define the meaning of each selectivity lane;
2. All customs declarations shall be selected either to green, Blue, Yellow or Red lane based on preset rules in the system;
3. Create profiles lists of companies, clearing agencies, origin and commodities;
4. Those lists shall be saved into into eSW system;
5. Have the responsability to write and test the selectivity rules into the eSW system;
6. Consignment select into Green shall have immediate release;
7. Consignment select into Blue shall have immediate release but require post release action;
8. Consignment select into yellow and red shall be verified;
End of Procedure