Commissioner for Domestic Taxes Mr KAYIGI HABIYAMBERE Aimable,
The Domestic Tax Department (DTD) was formed in April 2006 in order to create a one-stop, efficient and customer-oriented tax office. The basic objective was to increase and coordinate control over the largest taxpayers and improve large taxpayers’ compliance and revenue yield to the Government. The LTO accounts for over 50% of total RRA revenue collections. The DTD is comprised of three offices i.e Large Taxpayers’ Office (LTO) ,Small,Medium Taxpayers Office (SMTO) and Regions and Decentralized Tax Office.
To contribute to the achievement of RRA objectives by maximising revenue collection at minimum cost and providing quality input to tax policy development, while providing a high quality, courteous and equitable services to taxpayers and other stakeholders.
In line with the above-mentioned mission, DTD has identified its strategic aims as being:
- To maximise collections from large and medium taxpayers by improving and facilitating their compliance;
- To collect all taxes and fees on behalf of districts;
- To separate medium taxpayers from small ones with the aim of providing better service and maximising revenues;
- To widen the tax base by bringing small taxpayers from the informal sector into the tax net;
- To minimise revenue loss through enhanced internal controls;
- To provide efficient and effective services to clients and other stakeholders;
- To enhance capacity building of the staff.
KAYIGI HABIYAMBERE Aimable,
Commissioner for Domestic Taxes,,
Rwanda Revenue Authority,
Avenue du Lac Muhazi Avenue ,
P. O. Box 3987 – Kigali