The Legal and Board Secretariat Department provides legal services in support of RRA’s mandate in line with the Corporate Plan.
The Department supports enhanced revenue collection through: -
- Making proposals for more relevant and effective legislation;
- Continuous follow-up of tax cases pending in the courts and the evaluation of potential and pending cases with a view to their early conclusion;
- Representing RRA in court; and
- Cooperation with other government departments to ensure issues affecting revenue leakage are addressed.
To provide legal advice and guidance in order to maximise revenue collection at minimum cost. To manage and coordinate appeal cases and to serve the Board effectively.
- To ensure that effective legislation is in place to enable revenue collections.
- To handle appeal cases professionally and expeditiously
- To represent the Authority in all litigation cases
Drafting new or amended legislation
Mr KAGAME Charles
Deputy Commissioner for Legal and Board Secretariat
Rwanda Revenue Authority,
KG 4 Ave 8,
P.O. Box 3987 - Kigali